Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
southernRoller7

from Charleston, South Carolina, Hello!

Im fairly new to fly fishing and tying ties. I have gotten into the groove of the actual fishing part and wanted to get into tying flies. My favorite things to fish for are trout, and largemouths in fresh water, and mainly reds, but also seatrout and whatever else will bite in salt water. Im very open to criticism, so if anyone sees me make a false move or statement, please correct it so i can learn! Thanks! Also how do you look at the fly patterns that you bookmarked.

Greetings from Jacksonville!

I had a brief opportunity to fish in Charleston towards the end of the year. Didn't catch anything, though, and I'm hoping to get back up there.

Look forward to seeing your flies!

Greetings from Jacksonville!

I had a brief opportunity to fish in Charleston towards the end of the year. Didn't catch anything, though, and I'm hoping to get back up there.

Look forward to seeing your flies!

Thanks! Its a gorgeous place and we would love to have you back up here!

Welcome to the site! I'm also a fellow salt & bass angler,, but from MD. My one son was stationed at Goose Creek when he was in the Navy. I've been down that way a few times & really like it there. I hope to retire down there someday & take advantage of the fishing opportunities! :D

Welcome to the site! I'm also a fellow salt & bass angler,, but from MD. My one son was stationed at Goose Creek when he was in the Navy. I've been down that way a few times & really like it there. I hope to retire down there someday & take advantage of the fishing opportunities! :D

I have a few friends contacted with the navy. I attend the Citadel, military college of South Carolina! Thank you for the warm welcome! Do you know how to view the fly patterns you have bookmarked? i cant seem to find them. Thanks

Go to the Fly Pattern Database, there's a link there called "My Bookmarks" which should take you to any that you've book marked!

Hello, been fishing quite a few flats in Charleston myself hopefully to hit the docklights on my kayak soon