Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nightheron

Animal Flies

DSC00732.jpg

This is my night mouse. The hole is NOT to make it whistle while casting. It's for a micro glow stick that is normally used on bobbers by those going after catfish. Untested, but I think it will work quite well to help detect a strike. If not, I will just leave it out.

Great foam mouse, really curious about the glow stick. My glowing nite flies failed miserably, Please keep us posted on the response you get. I tried glow paints not sticks. You may be on to something.

.......... Excited to see what the rest of the world considers "beef."

Here's a KISS version, the Roadkill Streamer. For pike and muskie you'd have to swap wire leader for the monofilament shock tippet. For roadkill streamers you don't really need a vise. Just a chunk of fresh or dried hide, shock tippet, a hook and a split shot. You can just make them in your hands.

...the original 1985 article

Roadkill-streamer.jpg

I'm thinking big Pike. Still working up to decent mouse and frog flies up here. A baby duck would also be a good one for Pike. Looking forward to seeing everyone's little critter samples!

This Mink Fur Mouse works great for trout in Kamchatka same as for other surface predators (taimen, pike, lenok)

post-34261-0-61635800-1328575197_thumb.jpg