Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheCream

Trout popper follow up: baby bass

WOW that is a really nice one. I like the metallic green on that one. What type of paint is that?

It's a mix of several different acrylics. The brands in this one were Delta Ceramcoat, Folk Art Metallics, and Dazzling Metallics. The colors are metallic pearl (base coat), red (face), olive pearl (sides), festive green metallic (back), metallic black (lateral line area), forest green (back stippling), and the eyes are copper metallic/Inca gold/black metallic. The painted body gets a coating of Delta Sparkle Glaze that adds a glittery effect, then epoxy and Hard as Hull as a top coat.

Obviously these take me a while. :)

Great stuff there.Is that an HMH vice?

Yep, HMH Spartan. I got it through my local shop which is an Orvis dealer, so it is the "Orvis edition." Same Spartan vise, same price tag, just some green paint on a couple of spots and an Orvis name on it.

You sure can paint ummm!!! Would love to see a perch. Go on I dare you. :)

I prepped two more bodies this morning and base coated them with white (what I use for a primer coat). I am torn between a shad pattern and yellow perch. I will get another pack of bodies next weekend when I go to the fly shop but for now I have to decide on these last two bodies.

I like the bass. I have caught a lot of SMB on bass colored crank baits

Go for the one that starts with a P and ends in erch!!! Looking forward to that one. ;)

Eh, didn't turn out as good as I hoped. It will fish, but I'm not the biggest fan of the end result.

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg