Fly Tying
FishDragon

Manhattan Beach

Awesome stuff, no doubt you'll get some hookups on those!

Where do you source your 'bou? Those feathers look particularly nice, they don't have as much fluff.

I just picked up some strung marabou from the fly shop. I don't palmer the flies but rather I use the feather tips and wrap them around the shank with the thread. It uses more feathers but it looks nicer. Hard to get good marabou!

Nice fly and interesting you did it that way, only some of my marabou palmers to the correct length, had not even thought of doing it that way with strung or blood quill :)

I started to do that with my marabou after tying some wooly buggers and finding I didn't have any good bugger hackle so I started to wind the marabou tips around the shank and it made some real nice buggers then a friend of mine pointed me towards a popsicle fly and I tried palmering it and couldn't get it to work so I just did the tips again and it came out well enough that my local fly shop owner said they were the best he had seen.

Give it a try, I find I use around 5-6 feathers on a size 4 hook. Lots of feathers but it also allows you to mix colors very easily and come up with some unique combinations.

No select marabou here. Most people don't use marabou when tying flies here for salmon. They usually use bugs and hairwings.