Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Bass Bunny!

After researching Popovics Semper Fleye, I came up with the pattern below. The other fleye is called an "exotic jiggy".

post-36479-0-26957800-1334194525_thumb.jpg

post-36479-0-92218100-1334194533_thumb.jpg

Rich, its a jiggy fly - this means the fly jigs up and down constantly...when stripping, the fly jigs in an erratic up and down motion, when paused the fly drops quickly straight down

Rich, its a jiggy fly - this means the fly jigs up and down constantly...when stripping, the fly jigs in an erratic up and down motion, when paused the fly drops quickly straight down

think he meant will it land with the hook point up to avoid snags.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Piker and Rich - Since the hook eye is weighted with a cone, the flies jigs up and down, if you let the fly sink to the bottom....the cone hits first and the hook is point "curved down" (best way i can explain it). The clouser gives you a wider spread of jig, while the jiggy is more erratic up and down. I will wait for Rich to get back to me.

peter Jay - Thank you! I tried it tonight and had some baby bass on it, in the creek near my house. The fish were 15inches taking a 5 to 7inch fly lol

Guest rich mc

if you cast it out and just let it settle down will it ride point down or up or will it vary rich