Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JPFLYTYER

Lisa Pavelka MAGIC GLOS

HAS ANYONE EVER WORKED WITH THIS PRODUCT? I HAVE UV FLASHLITE BUT PRODUCT WILL NOT CURE

HAS ANYONE EVER WORKED WITH THIS PRODUCT? I HAVE UV FLASHLITE BUT PRODUCT WILL NOT CURE

I have experienced the same issue with this product. It needs a different UV wavelength to cure it. I wrote to them to ask about it but have not heard back. I think it needs a flourescent "blacklight" instead of the LED UV lights that you commonly see being used. If you take it outside it will cure in about 15-20 minutes. What's the point, right? So much for trying to save a buck. I finally just gave in and ordered some Clear Cure Goo the other day.

I have had the same experience. But the product is way cheaper than CCG and I am sure there will be applications requiring longer curing times. This stuff was designed for making jewelry and glazing pottery. I haven't had a chance to sun-cure any yet. Does anyone have opinions about the hardness, tackiness, or clarity of the cured glos?

I have had the same experience. But the product is way cheaper than CCG and I am sure there will be applications requiring longer curing times. This stuff was designed for making jewelry and glazing pottery. I haven't had a chance to sun-cure any yet. Does anyone have opinions about the hardness, tackiness, or clarity of the cured glos?

It cures pretty well in time. It is a little tacky after about 15 minutes in the sun but I noticed it was real hard and tack free the next day.