Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bob LeMay

Biscayne nights, 7 July

As usual only a portion of my fishing trips are fly-fishing... Here's an extract from this week's report...

I was able to add one night in Biscayne Bay where the tarpon action was pretty strong (and will stay that way for weeks to come...).

Two days later I had a long time customer and skilled fly angler Dr. Nate Mayl aboard for a quick night trip in Biscayne Bay. We hit a docklight or two where snappers and jacks attacked every fly they saw, then headed for a nearby bridge looking for a few tarpon. Nate was equipped with several 8wt fly rods and we weren't disappointed. That night he jumped eight fish in the 20 to 30lb size range and all behaved like they were on fire with that small fly.... Along the way he broke a Sage rod, lost 30 feet of a new fly line and just in general had a great time. Here's the only pics I had time for....

254aa82e.jpg

83dc9474.jpg

1921c9d2.jpg

All of the fish that night were sight-fished... Nate was looking at every fish as it turned and attacked the fly...

The best bet now has to be the night scene - and it's perfect for a fly rod or light spinning gear.

Tight lines

Bob LeMay

(954) 435-5666

ps- for anyone wanting to look at the full report (spinning gear and all...)

go here... http://www.thehulltruth.com/florida-georgia/439023-everglades-days-biscayne-nights-7-july.html

post-30940-0-89230000-1341692775_thumb.jpg

post-30940-0-27066500-1341692789_thumb.jpg

post-30940-0-77184900-1341692800_thumb.jpg

As always, thanks for a great report and I will read the full report.