Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Introducing FTFCurrent!

This project has been years in the making and is possibly the largest and most complicated project I have ever undertaken for FTF.

The FTF Current is a new fun way to browse the content located in the thousands of pages located on FTF which are spread out in a variety of places on the site. This new section of the website pulls in everything happening on the site under one umbrella making it quick and easy to see what is happening all around the site from one convenient location.

Currently, the aspects of the site that I am cataloging into this new section are forum posts, fly pattern uploads, fly pattern views, fly pattern bookmarks, video uploads and video views.

In addition, I have extended the “follow” functionality. In the past you have been able to “follow” members which gave you an area of the site to see all of the fly patterns they uploaded. Now, through your dashboard can see everything located in the Current for the members you follow.

I have also made it much easier to find and follow new members. When you click on a member you can click the button labeled “follow”. Also, located in the right column are other members that follow that member as well as the other members they follow.

I have been using this new way of browsing FTF for several weeks as I work out the kinks and I must say it is amazing to see just how much information exists on FTF and how easily this new feature helps unearth some of the hidden gems buried in the archive.

Below the avatar for every member’s post you will see a blue icon labeled “View My FTFCurrent”. This will take you to that member’s Current.

To visit the main homepage for FTFCurrent visit: http://www.flytyingforum.com/current

Any questions please let me know.

Will

Just added another feature to this system. It is now possible to comment/ask questions directly on fly pattern pages. When you comment an email is automatically sent to the originator of the pattern letting them know there was a comment or question.

During the slow summers here on FTF I try to introduce some new features and I think the past couple are something the members here are really going to enjoy.

Will

I for one like this a lot...makes it so easy to get info on a fly I like...

Murray

I am not good enough, yet, to know what questions to ask ... but the features sound like good additions to an already awesome site.