Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Taxon

Bait Fisherman? Hmmmm.

Guess most of us started off as Bait Fishermen, but it's been about 24 years since anyone called me that. Boy, I can hardly wait to graduate to Beginner.

In any event, just wanted to introduce myself to the board. My passions are flyfishing, flytying, and aquatic entomology, not necessarily in that order. To say that I'm delighted to have actually discovered a flyfishing entomology forum on this board would be gross understatement. However, I do wish it had more activity.

Welcome to thr Forum Taxon. Guess you got a passion for bugs. Must work well for a fly tyer. I delve into it occasionally, but certainly not often enough for a long rodder who is onto fly tying. dunno.gif Must definitely get into it more.

Welcome aboard Taxon glad you joined us.

The baitfisherman thing will go away after 10 posts so dont worry wink.gif

I take it your refering to the entomology section when you say wish it was more active?

I think we are all interested in that section but without a complete knowledge of entomology its a bit hard to get certain conversations going on that subject. Anything you can add to that forum would be greatly appreciated, so got a couple things that are "buggy wink.gif " that you would like to discuss post away and i'm sure there will be guys ready to talk about the insects we try to imitate.

SD

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Dec 27 2004, 12:42 PM)
Welcome aboard Taxon glad you joined us.

The baitfisherman thing will go away after 10 posts so dont worry wink.gif

I take it your refering to the entomology section when you say wish it was more active?
I think we are all interested in that section but without a complete knowledge of entomology its a bit hard to get certain conversations going on that subject. Anything you can add to that forum would be greatly appreciated, so got a couple things that are "buggy wink.gif " that you would like to discuss post away and i'm sure there will be guys ready to talk about the insects we try to imitate.

SD

steeldrifter-

Thanks for the welcome. I’m happy to be here, and as is probably apparent, I'm attempting to speed up the timing of my promotion to "Beginner.”

Yes, I was referring to the entomology section. As I am retired, and have unlimited time on my hands, I'd be pleased to answer anyone's questions about aquatic insects, whether or not the insect in question is a popular food item for fish.

QUOTE (jkr @ Dec 27 2004, 06:39 PM)
Welcome, I am trying to ditch the worm can myself.

JR biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

jkr-

Thanks for the welcome..

Keep it up fellas and I will up the limit to 100 posts before it goes away tongue.gif

Welcome to the forum guys, hope you enjoy it!

QUOTE (rovercat @ Dec 27 2004, 09:45 PM)
Welcom Taxon I am new here to and started out as a bait fishermen and still do now and then. The photo is my first fish at age 5.
user posted image

Rovercat-

I hear ya. I was probably 6 or 7 the first time my father took me plunkin' for steelhead on the Chehalis River. We'd arrive hours before daylight so that we had our choice of "hole." And boy, was it ever cold. I remember those days fondly, but unfortunately, I still tend to set the hook like I've got a 10 oz. sinker on the other end of the line.

Welcome to the forum Taxon.

Yep started as a bait fisherman fished that way for many years but made the switch about 4 years ago when I got a fly rod for Christmas. I haven’t done any bait fishing since then.

Bob

QUOTE (Bob_A @ Dec 28 2004, 09:14 AM)
Welcome to the forum Taxon.

Yep started as a bait fisherman fished that way for many years but made the switch about 4 years ago when I got a fly rod for Christmas. I haven’t done any bait fishing since then.

Bob

Bob A-

Thanks for the welcome. Sounds like you've definitely gotten hooked.

Welcome Taxon!

Keep it up and before you know it you will be up there in posts with steeldrifter.(5000+)

BFR

QUOTE (bentflyrod @ Dec 29 2004, 09:34 AM)
Welcome Taxon!

Keep it up and before you know it you will be up there in posts with steeldrifter.(5000+)

BFR

bentflyrod-

Thanks for the welcome. 5000+ like steeldrifter? I should live so long!

Hi guys

Any ideas how I get that baitfisher tag off my profile? blink.gif

And sorry for the loud pic it just happened that way, when I joined today. ive_been_ripped.gif

Cheers ph34r.gif