Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
newtothegame

just wanted to introduce my self

My name is Tim and I've been fly fishing for a total of 4 weeks. I started tying at the exact same time and was introduced to the sport by a good friend who I've fished with for a few years. My buddy, Dennis, has used a fly rod exclusively for about 10 years finally wore me down and got me to try it. What a BLAST!!!!

We fish in the trout parks we have here in Missouri where they stock trout every night and have a buzzer to start the fishing in the morning. It's fun but it makes me really want to try fishing for wild trout somewhere, hopefully someday.

So far, I've tyed midges, scuds, and wooley buggers and have even managed to catch a few fish on them. I really look forward to learning to tie and fishing some of the patterns I've seen on this sight. I'm a bit of a computer illiterate and if I'm able to figure out how I'll throw some pictures of my flys up so you fellas can critque them for me.

Well, that'll do it for now. I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning some tricks from you. TRW