Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FTF Fly Pattern - C LeBo - LeBo's LeBuzzers

I like your color mixtures.

Thanks! These things are so easy to tie and are very effective on a Czech Nymph rig. So far yellow is the most productive!

Good flies. Yellow or lime always good options. Especially with a black head or rib. Are you fishing them near the surface with the white fibres? I normally go slimmer and lose the white bits for my normal buzzer fishing.

Good flies. Yellow or lime always good options. Especially with a black head or rib. Are you fishing them near the surface with the white fibres? I normally go slimmer and lose the white bits for my normal buzzer fishing.

Piker, this was the rig I was using in order on the leader:

#1 Red, size 16, w/ fibers

#2 Yellow, size 14, without fibers

#3 Green, size 12, tungsten bead, without fibers

Red Yellow Green, Uk traffic lights :D

On the river I would often fish a sacrifice fly at the bottom. Sometimes even nip the hook so it catches bottom less. I've never found on a river the bottom one to take that many fish. Normally the middle offering.

On the still water I tend to have all 3 the same density and count the flies down to the level I think/find fish at. Takes can come to 2 or 3 flies together then.

Red Yellow Green, Uk traffic lights :D

On the river I would often fish a sacrifice fly at the bottom. Sometimes even nip the hook so it catches bottom less. I've never found on a river the bottom one to take that many fish. Normally the middle offering.

On the still water I tend to have all 3 the same density and count the flies down to the level I think/find fish at. Takes can come to 2 or 3 flies together then.

Ha Ha I like the "weedless, sacrifice" fly idea! I usually tend to "high-stick" style nymphing without a indicator, its easier that way in the small, fast creeks I fish.

Same for me. Did play with a short length of hiviz line at the fly line for a time but the current such that most bites are grab it or lose it.