Fly Tying
Fishin_Chip

Greetings from Saskatchewan

Hi all!

I am a veteran fly fishing guide from Northern Saskatchewan. I have been fly fishing and fly tying for over 25 years. My primary quarry is Northern Pike, and I have the good fortune to have spent the last almost 30 years fishing some of the best pike water anywhere. In fact, the "Northern Magic" fly in the Chris Helm video is one of my designs. I had the opportunity to fish with Chris a while back (well over 20 years ago now) and I contributed my pattern to his video series. I have designed a few other patterns over the years, but that is still my "go to" pattern for most situations.

In addition to work, I have been able to travel a bit ( fly rod in hand, of course!) and I have fished for Pacific Sailfish, dorado, redfish, bonefish, tuna, bonita, barracuda, most varieties of trout, and a host of inshore salt water species. All in the name of professional development, of course!

I have been fortunate to have fished with (and learned from!) a few legendary fly fishermen over the years, Stu Apte, Bob Clouser, Larry Dahlberg, to name a few. Some of you might have read my article in Fly Fisherman magazine last winter on my Monster Magic streamer. I hope to be able to share with and learn from your little community here, I look forward to hearing from you all.

None of my flies are revolutionary, in fact most are simplicity itself. Pike are voracious, toothy predators, and flies don't last too long, so it doesn't make much sense to spend 30 minutes on a fly that might only last for half a dozen fish.

By now you have figured out I am a bit of a talkative fellow, so I will sign off now.

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Chip

Welcome Chip, lookin' forward to seeing more of your work and picking your brain. Post lots and help us add to our growing database

Murray

Welcome fellow Canadian!

I can be a bit silly sometimes and i am sure you have seen this a million times :P

Anyway look forward to flies and photos!