Fly Tying
Dezod

Life Cycle Swap

I will be on the lookout for all the flies en route to Colorado. I guess this also means I should start to tie my group.

Thanks everyone for being so prompt and making it easy to host.

C

Sorry for the slow response... All three of my kids have had croupe this week.

Anyway got some flies on Thursday from flytire and Piker that look great.

I have mine half way tied.

Looks like we will be in great shape to get the swap done on time, if not early.

Thanks everyone fr making it easy to host.

C

Sent an addy to EBRANT and with that all flies seem to be tied and either in my hand or en route.

As an opinion question do you want me to send out sorted flies before or after the holidays. I am glad everyone got their flies in early, but I did originally set the date so that mailing would be after the holiday rush. I have not had meny items lost through the USPS, but all that I have had lost have been around the holidays so I am putting it out there for you guys to decide.

I am happy to send flies as soon as I get them turned around if you want or I can also wait until after the first of January to avoid the holiday rush. THe second option in my opinion might be a little safer, but please let me know.

Thanks everyone for making this swap sooooooo easy to host.

C

Those are sweet looking flies. I especially like that peeping caddis pattern.

C

Here are my contributions for the swap.

Evan

Piker and Evan thanks for the responses. I think unless anyone has an objection I am going to wait until after the first...

That being said Rockworm obviously braved the postal lines in the great white north because a sweet looking group of midges arrived in snowy Colorado today. With Ebrant's flies on the way we should be all ready to go with everyone sending flies in over 1 month early. This will be a first for me ending so much ahead of schedule. Thanks everyone!!!!!

C

Everyone

Evan's envelope arrived at my house a little lighter than expected. They must have come out of the envelope somnehow at the processing facility. He has graciously volunteered to retye the group, but it will take a week or two to get things ready. Flies might not make it out around the first of the year, but I am sure they will be worth the wait.

Might not host or swap near the holidays in the future, except that is when I definitely have some free time. Grrr

C

That's the second tale today of flies removing themselves from envelopes. Maybe Santa realised this is the best fly swap shop on the planet and decided to use us to satisfy his orders.

Ok, ive gotten a pretty good start on retying and am close to half done. Im planning on finishing tomorrow morning and mailing out again on monday. This time in a better padded envelope!

Evan

Status quo...

I have all flies in hand except those from Ebrant who is graciously retying his flies which were lost in transit. I did not update because there is nothing to tell.

I will let everyone know when flies arrive. I will turn everything around ASAP and we should still finish a couple weeks early. Also, so everyone knows I intend to send all extra flies intended for me in Ebrant's direction as he has gone well above the call of duty in this swap.

C