Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SCOwens

My Fly Tying Bench

Took the time to organize and clean the table today, also built a flashabou holder and filled it up, after I saw one for sale on a site for $40 I built it for $5, pretty good deal, holds 32 different items.

P1030215.jpg

Sure the cleanliness won't last long, and yes this is clean for me haha

Nope Switch, took 2 of the wifes hair bands, cut them and tied them together .... on both sides, so she lost 4 hair bands to the fly tying table today haha, cut the circles with a jigsaw out of a 1x8 that was $5 then had a wooden dowel that had left over from another project I think it was originally $2, so all in all $6 and my time, def didn't have $40 worth of time in it. Probably will make another for my EP Fiber and the rest of my super hair, helped tremendously with organization

Thanks switch, gotta head to bed, so I can go catch some more sheepshead tomorrow, this temperature break has provided an optimal catching scenario for them, I want to catch one on the fly rod but the quarters are to tight for the 9' Redington

See you're a Grisham fan. My regular tidy seems to involve saving 'useful' bits in a box that I never look in till the next time I save useful pieces and scrapping the rest to the floor for the dust pan to collect.

Ha guess you could say that Piker, haven't manage to read them all but I do own them all ... Need to get the new book, I was wondering who would be the first to notice that. I wanted to be a lawyer but things didn't work out, now settled into being a Police Officer and 9-1-1 Dispatcher

One of those early poets or philosophers once wrote, "When the revolution begins, shoot the lawyers first." Glad you aren't a lawyer, Scott.

Nice work on the hair/flash holder. Compact area you've got there.

I do have two questions, to which I hope the answers are no:

Is the swordfish a bodkin?

Is the pink octopus on the wall one of your fly designs?

@Mike, yes the Swordfish could be used as a bodkin, don't tempt me haha, now it is just for aesthetics of the table haha

Welcome to the site, st.croix.boy.

Since this thread got opened again ... has ANYONE heard from Scott? My perception is: he's been absent from the site for a couple of years now.