Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
toothyfisha

Hello from PA!

Well, to start off, my name is Alex. I have been fly tying for a little over a year now. I'm not that great at it but I try. I fish for anything that bites in fresh water. I've recently broadened my horizons into the addiction of pike and muskie fishing and tying. Not very good at either of the two but practice makes perfect!

It doesn't matter how long you have been tying, all that matters is that you are tying, and broadening your horizons. Good luck and as easternfly said, if you ask for the help on here, someone will help

Scott !!! You changed your avatar. Oh, and you tie some Beautiful Flies !!!

Toothy ... there are a lot of ugly fly tiers. And I do mean that either way you want to read it. My FLIES are pretty ugly, but I catch my fair share of fish with them. Some people make beautiful flies ... that are show pieces no one would dare fish with. I've heard ... the prettier the fly, the uglier the tier. My flies are UGLY !!!

Scott !!! You changed your avatar. Oh, and you tie some Beautiful Flies !!!

Toothy ... there are a lot of ugly fly tiers. And I do mean that either way you want to read it. My FLIES are pretty ugly, but I catch my fair share of fish with them. Some people make beautiful flies ... that are show pieces no one would dare fish with. I've heard ... the prettier the fly, the uglier the tier. My flies are UGLY !!!

Haha. Good one. Maybe my flies are meant to stay ugly then.

Hello from western pa. My flies are no beauty queens but they work, And I catch a good amount of fish with them. I like to refer to them as buggy instead of ugly.