Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JustinCarf

Chicago

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is, Justin. I've been fly fishing for about 5 years now, and I have been tying for the past 3. I usually only tie during the winter months, but I plan on changing that.

Living here in Chicago - I do a lot of bass, and panfish fishing. I caught my first rainbow trout this past year on the Current River in southern Missouri, and I also caught my first brown trout in The Driftless area of Wisconsin, and let me just say...trout are beautiful fish! I fell in love with the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, and I plan to make more frequent trips back this upcoming season.

Looking forward to learning some knowledge from all of you, and hopefully, I will be able to contribute some of my own.

post-46674-0-92826100-1357584257_thumb.jpg

post-46674-0-00574700-1357584325_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard Justin! I go to Chicago every other day working as a conductor on the railroad. We stay in Homewood area. Nice Smallie! Where u catch it at? Fox, DuPage river? Look forward to seeing your post.

Welcome aboard Justin! I go to Chicago every other day working as a conductor on the railroad. We stay in Homewood area. Nice Smallie! Where u catch it at? Fox, DuPage river? Look forward to seeing your post.

Thanks, for the welcome! I caught that smallie at Vulcan Lake inside the Three Oaks Recreation Area in Crystal Lake about 3 years ago. It's the biggest smallie I've ever caught. I got her on a size 6 black wooly bugger.