Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Toneloc

Anvil Apex Vise

I know theres been a few threads on different types of vises and which ones are best and why...ect, but I can't remember if there was any opinions on this particular vise. Any out there have one?

I'm looking for a rotarty vise in the $100 range (the average price for this one is about 100 bucks). Any other similiar vises in that price range that represent a better value?

Thanks a bunch for any opinions.

Tony

I have an Anvil apex vise (so does the girlfriend)

They provide everything you need for tying any pattern you want to. The rotary feature works perfectly. I think they are a greta deal for the price.

I did have a problem with the jaws, but anvil was quick to replace them.

I am also considering the Anvil Apex Vise. Any feed back?

I looking at a Anvil Apex, I really want an HMH but I just can bring my self to spend the extra $30.

Fuzzynuts

I traveled three hours to the nearest fly shop and told the owner I wanted to look at some vises as I was in the market. He had a tying table set up for clases and at each of the seats was a different vise. I was fortunate to have this oppertunity to play with each one . I fell for the anvil because of its simple yet solid design. I have used it hard for at least two years with no regrets. When one day this one wears out I will buy another just like it.

Fred

I too have had my Apex for a couple of years now. I do not use it hard, but I do tie a couple of flies every day. I get bored with the same pattern over and over for a couple of hours, so my favorite part of the Apex is that it is so simple to change hook sizes (like from #2 to #22) without having to change the jaws. I have had no complaints except that sometimes on really small flies I have a hard time mounting material at the rear of the fly... then again that could be my extra fat fingers.

Hope this helps.

C

I have an anvil apex I love it . Like Hunthicks said holds anything I want to tie an works well.

How long have you had your vise?

I've had my Vise for 2 years. And don't ask how meny flies I tied on it lol.

Between tying for myself and my wife and a few friends,Lets just say A whole lotta flies went through that Vise.

Dezod Try angeling the Jaws up more. I had the same problem till I did that.

Dezod Try angeling the Jaws up more. I had the same problem till I did that.

Thanks Dewey

C