Fly Tying
BeginnerFlyTyer

Three Favorite Flies Swap

Three Favorite Flies Swap

Since I havent had much getting into a swap I decided to host another. This one is pretty simple you tie your four of your three favorite flies. You may tie whatever you would like as long it is of good quality.

• 4 of your three favorite flies(12)
  • Any flies you want to tie
  • Due date May 30

Swapmeister: Muddler Minnow, Olive Caddis, Red/White Polar Clouser

1. famil00 Yellow/Yellow Clouser, White Popper, Black Bully Spider
  2. netabrookie Pt Nymph, BH Olive Woolly Bugger, Parachute Caddis
  3. fishingbobnelson Little Yellow Sally, CDC and Elk, Nelson's Caddis
  4. Kudu Articulated Shad Baitfish, Stealth Bomber, Marabou Miss, Mini Hopper RECIEVED

I would like to be in on this one...it sounds interesting. I will make up my mind as to what I will tie within a few days if you will have me. I have too many favorites and have to try to narrow it down a little...

I think I finally made up my mind...I will have to go with my version of a pt nymph, a parachute caddis and the last fly will have to be the one that has saved so many days for so many anglers, a BH olive woolly bugger. pm me an address and I will get these things in the mail to you. Thanks for hosting this because it was interesting. Out of all the flies in all the boxes its hard to narrow it down to just three...

I didn't realize I had so many favorites until I tried to get it down to three. Here are my three today:

1. Little Yellow Sally (female)

2. CDC and Elk

3. Nelson's Caddis

Need an address please, Thank for hosting this was a fun swap. Maybe someone could do a three favorite; mayfly, caddis or nymph swap......

Well I ended up tying three flies that I like. I also tied a fourth because I knew that Fishing Bob and probably some others are more trout guys. The first fly being an articulated baitfish (shad), the second being a size 6 stealth bomber (foam diver for smallmouth and big bluegill), the third being a marabou miss (panfish wet fly). The bonus fly is a mini hopper. I first saw this in a swap when I received it from Brooktroutangler. It is a cool fly that is essentially a balloon caddis with rubber legs. Btw, I lack two flies from being done so an address would be nice when time permits.

Flies completed will send upon receipt of address. Hope all enjoy!

I changed my Clouser Minnow to a yellow/yellow with gold flash Clouser Minnow. These are tied very sparsely, which is how we fish them here in Northern IL. I need an address and I will get them out!

-Forrest