Fly Tying
gpd4

Beginner Swap

Nevermind, saw that a fellow by the name of Bryon is looking to participate in a swap, he can take it.

Breambuster... there is no way you are a beginner. Tie left handed or something....

HEY!! Whats wrong with tying letf handed. I do it all the time

Kevin

Kevin, I knew there was something different about your flies! LOL Totally kidding!

-Forrest

Jd1983 gets the last spot and we are full! Flies are due in St. Louis, MO by July 28th

I'm working on my "back-up" flies right now in case I don't get material in time to tie the fly I really want. Excited to see what everyone does.

Breambuster... there is no way you are a beginner. Tie left handed or something....

HEY!! Whats wrong with tying letf handed. I do it all the time

Kevin

My grandfather told me that everyone is born left handed and remain left handed until they commit their first sin. He was left handed till the day he died at age 95.

Im figuring out what pattern I can tie without it looking terrible.... should know soon

I've been trying for years... let me know the secret.

Im figuring out what pattern I can tie without it looking terrible.... should know soon

Fish eat my flies all the time and they look awful. I tie to catch fish...if I don't like the way my flies look I just take off my glasses!

Here's what I'm sending. It's a variation of the Purple Haze, which is killer on trout streams in Montana and Idaho. I used this pattern recently during a hatch of what looked like March Browns, possible small drakes, and did really well.

Recipe:

Standard Dry Fly hook #12-18

Thread: Uni 8/0 Fire Orange

Tail: White Microfibets

Body: Orange Uni-Flexx

Hackle: Grizzly

post-47808-0-03263300-1371879777_thumb.jpg

I love the purple haze. It was killer back in MT and I'll be excited to see how the orange version performs.

gpd4 - Deadline is July 27th, correct?

If no one objects, ill tie up some "Crappie Buggers". Basically flamboyant Wolly Buggers that slay Crappie and other Panfish around me!