Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Randyflycaster

How High Should the Jaws of my Vise Be?

I always had a problem with floating up to the surface while tying in the pool. Until my wife suggested chaining a couple of cement blocks to my waist. Love that gal; always thinking of ways to help me.

This thread is starting to make me nervous.

I tried the pool submergent tying method. The first thing the Wife did was to help me by hooking my shop air compressor to the snorkel tube. After a few seconds of that, I couldn't stay submerged ... floated to the top like a balloon. Getting rid of that air later, in the living room made good revenge!

The next time I tried ... she decided to put the pool cover on while I was tying. I thought it was just getting late, as it kept getting darker. I only realized what she was doing when the cover finally smothered the snorkel. I had to hold my breath for several minutes ... but I got the whip finish done!

I'll imagine the water aspect of the tie, and just go with the perspective angle, thank you.