Fly Tying
SILKHDH

UV or not to UV

The bright fishing vest lead me to test camouflage clothing, both hunting and military. Then I applied for a patent on camouflage in near-ultraviolet wavelengths using nanoparticles and thin films so that the product - UVRC (patented) - could be applied over existing visible and NIR camouflage without altering the Vis and NIR characteristics.

Ever since I released the book I have been developing UV camouflage and related items. See http://uvrdefensetech.com/index.php?home Try the video on the home page. The videos and images in Gallery are very interesting as well, IMO.

I can't sell you UVRC, sorry.

Best regards,

Reed

I don't know if I catch more fish because of UV resin, but my midges are definitely more durable with UV resin than without.

The UV cured Resins are a different thing completely. I'm sure they block some UV from reaching the material beneath as they use it to fix car windscreen cracks and your car glass blocks certain UV spectrum.

The UV curing adhesives that I am familiar with are transparent to UV light. When you think about it, if they were highly reflective or absorbent, they would cure on the surface, but not to any depth. Being transparent, they do not alter the UV signature.

P.S. - Norland sells the optical adhesives used by many of us who make lenses and/or filters. See https://www.norlandprod.com/adhchart.html for their products, most of which cure by UV and may be a good sub for your present adhesive. Click on the individual NOA number and it will show the transmission spectra.