Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
20-250ai

Hello!

Hello from the west coast of Ca.

I hope to learn from you on this forum, meet some kind people here and share in our sport.

I per fur to go after warm water fish in summer and trout in the cool months. Largemouth bass are my favorite target species, but like a lot of us find great joy in panfish when the opportunity arises.

..............................................20-250ai/ Aric

Bass and panfish here, too. Florida is great for them. But you'll find more trout and saltwater anglers on this sight than those seeking the Sunfishes.

I just spent two weeks in the Stockton area and fished the weekend. Another bust which makes me glad I don't live there. We tried fishing both days, hard at it almost all day each day ... and caught 0 ... Zero ... nothing !!!

I'll will be trying it again the weekend of December 7th and 8th.

Welcome to the site.

If you are referring to the Delta as the place you were fishing, may I give you a few words for winter Delta bass?

1. Try the inside (shore side) of the weed beds in the sun.

2. Shallow areas that hold still water long enough to warm up even a little in the sun.

3. Fish with flies that are unique/ different and medium size, the fish there see lots of pressure these days and are not easy to catch.

Good luck

.................................20-250ai/ Aric.