Fly Tying
Simplejack

Shamrock Hooks?

I just picked these up the other day from a local store. 50 pack for $2.87 I couldn't pass it up. I tried looking them up online to see if they are really good or just average or below grade hooks. I can't find anything at all.. By the looks of the packaging and the price, I'm assuming they have been sitting around lost in the back for many many years? So long that the are even lost from the internet ? haha laugh.png

post-50719-0-93798500-1388230365_thumb.jpg

Shamrock was a distribution compnay who sold to store like Dick's sporting goods, Sport authority. I have not seen the name for a long time , I think they may have been replace by Crystal River as a distributor. As their products went the quality was OK, hey for that price for trout that is a good deal.

steve

ok thanks.

I looked closer at the tip of the hook and it has a knife edge on it which I thought was pretty cool. I never seen or noticed it before on any other hooks I've had.

Shamrock was also a fly importer. It's unlikely they made their own hooks! More likely they simply bought hooks in bulk & repackaged or had them packaged with their label.

Possibly the hooks could be from some of the same suppliers that folks like Allen use. There are not that many hook manufacturers in the world. smile.png