Fly Tying

I just purchased an Ultrafire wf-501b with Cree UV LED from Amazon and it Works AWSOME. I have 2 other smaller lights that are not even close to the same.. In case you wonder like I did the 502b model is not better just has more functions like strobe and SOS...

I make my own 3D eyes and use it to cure them fully before tying with them. I also use it to final cure flies, just toss them under the lamp when done zapping with the flashlight and move on to the next fly.

Do you have a SBS for making the 3D eyes? That sounds very intriguing, especially with how outrageously priced eyes are.

I make my own 3D eyes and use it to cure them fully before tying with them. I also use it to final cure flies, just toss them under the lamp when done zapping with the flashlight and move on to the next fly.

Do you have a SBS for making the 3D eyes? That sounds very intriguing, especially with how outrageously priced eyes are.

It really only works if you have your own Vinyl Cutter, otherwise its kind of a pain trying to cut out round eyes by hand.

I just cut out the main eye in whatever size I need out of reflective vinyl. Then cut out some black "pupils" and put the 2 together.

Whenever I need eyes, I just take some resin, put a nice blob on the eye, stir it around to the edges with my bodkin, and zap with the light.

Surface tension of the Resin makes a natural round shape on the eye.

I like the Solarez fly tying resins and new light myself.

I got the three pack the other day, this stuff is great! Easy to work with and cures clear and durable, not brittle. Have not tried the flex yet, however if it performs as well as the thick and thin I'll be very happy.

Will be ordering the 2oz size for sure.

Thanks for the heads up on this product….dave

Glad you liked it! The price can't be beat and the quality is top notch.

The only complaint I have with ordering the 2oz bottles is there is no real applicator. Its pretty much a flip top. I've just been refilling some other black bottles I have with applicator tips. Keep that in mind when you order the larger bottles, no real applicator.

I just purchased an Ultrafire wf-501b with Cree UV LED from Amazon and it Works AWSOME. I have 2 other smaller lights that are not even close to the same.. In case you wonder like I did the 502b model is not better just has more functions like strobe and SOS...

What product(s) are you curing with that light? I was thinking of trying that with the solarez stuff.

What product(s) are you curing with that light? I was thinking of trying that with the solarez stuff.

I am using the solarez, with the cheaper light it was tacky.. with the wf-501b UV light it was not tacky..