Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
STL_Geoff

Shrimp/crab type critter

Looking for comments on this....kinda was going for the look what some of the flies the guy at 239 Flies ties, I cant remember his name for the life of me right now.

SHRIMPFLY_zps816b9e3a.jpg

Heading to gulf shores in May, what do you think????

You hit the shrimp on the head with that one bro, fish will be lining up to eat that one.

The guys a 239 flies tie some serious flies, I've been tying tarpon toads based on their pattern. Will most likely buy some of their baitfish patterns prior to spring.

Let us know how you do.

Nick!! That's his name!! haha.

anyway...material list, sure.

Hot Spot: orange krystal chenille

Eyes: 50lb mono melted, sharpied, CCG'd

Mouth/Head/Flashy crap?? : Polar chenille in Pearl, 3 wraps.

Legs: White peppered rubber legs

Antenna: 2 pieces of black krystal flash, doubled over for 4 total

Claw things: Good question: I bought this stuff a while back and I have NO idea what its called, sorry. its a synthetic fiber, marked with sharpie

Gills: Olive Grizzly Saddle hackle

Body: Blend of UV Ice dubbing lt yellow and golden brown( small clump ),little bit of pink and a little bit of tan rabbit, blended together then dubbed in a loop, combed out.

Black beadchain eyes up front to get it hook point up.

That's it. I wish I could know what else I actually used, but some of the dubbing and material was bought YEARS ago when I wasn't good at organizing materials. I tied the fly on a Gama B10S, hopefully its a strong enough hook for a redfish.

Nice work on that shrimp. Those 239 flies look like cartoons. Nothing against Nick Davis. He ties well, I jusr can't stand his style. I guess I like more old school patterns. Just a personal preference.

That is a great shrimp pattern; it will work great on the flats in my home waters of the Tampa Bay area. The redfish will be standing in line for a chance to take a bite of the bad boy!