Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

2 swaps in 1- Emerger swap and Reel Recovery Swap

I got my flies today. Today was one of those days that I would rather forget about but that package in the mailbox turned it into a much better day. These are some great looking flies and I thank everyone for them. Thank you for hosting atxdiscgolfer and thank you for collecting the donations.

I too received my flies today. Nice work everyone, thank you! Atxdiscgolfer, thank you for hosting a fun swap that benefited a great cause.

Travis Bille- I have named yours "the show girl"

atxdiscgolfer- how did you accomplish the different colored back/ belly? It doesn't look like a weave. Black pulled over the grey?

fishingbobnelson- I started to tie a similar pattern (before realizing you were), one of my most frustrating days at the vise! Very nicely done!

psychoprince- congratulations on your first swap! Let the addiction begin.

utyer and spinninbugs- what do you call that style of hackle? not the material but the way it is presented.

Good to hear that everyone is getting these in, we should all be proud of ourselves - we all donated some nice flys to a good cause and all received a nice set of emergers to keep for our personal days on the river. The RR coordinator sent me the thank you letter, If anyone knows how to post an attachment on here please let me know, i dont have a profile pic for a reason, lol. Worse comes to worse i may try and just cut and paste the thank you letter on here.

Here is the thank you letter from RR, i cant get their Logo to show though via cut and paste.

I discovered that while fly-fishing, I was in another place.

In this place there was no cancer, no pain and no fear.

Retreat Participant

March 6, 2014

Members of the Fly Tying Forum Swap Group

I want to extend sincere thanks from Reel Recovery to all of you who participated in this fly swap. Your donation of time, talent, and treasure will allow us to do several things that directly support our retreats. First, these great flies can go into special gift boxes for our retreat participants at a retreat. This gives many of these men their first flies to start the sport of fly fishing, and a wonderful part of their memory of the retreat for all the participants. Second, they can be used at fund raising events to gain donations for our retreats as proceeds from silent auction fly boxes, or in exchange for donations at Reel Recovery exhibits. Third, they can be used in a special collection of flies reserved for each retreat so the participants can choose that special fly to supplement their fishing box used at the retreat. Regardless of their use, please know you have made an important contribution to our retreat program.

Thank you again for this generous donation to Reel Recovery.

Dave Steffek Texas Chapter Reel Recovery

voice (800) 699-4490 160 Brookside Road Needham, MA 02492 fax (781) 449-9031

I too received my flies today. Nice work everyone, thank you! Atxdiscgolfer, thank you for hosting a fun swap that benefited a great cause.

Travis Bille- I have named yours "the show girl"

atxdiscgolfer- how did you accomplish the different colored back/ belly? It doesn't look like a weave. Black pulled over the grey?

fishingbobnelson- I started to tie a similar pattern (before realizing you were), one of my most frustrating days at the vise! Very nicely done!

psychoprince- congratulations on your first swap! Let the addiction begin.

utyer and spinninbugs- what do you call that style of hackle? not the material but the way it is presented.

the technique I think you are referring to is hackle stacking. Its a damn cool technique