Fly Tying
joman

blog/site

I've been working on a website to use essentially as a resume booster, I decided that I spend so much time tying and fishing I should incorporate that into what I was working on, so I just thought I'd post it on here and see if anyone had any constructive criticism for me about it.

, (flytyingandfishing.webs.com)

Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer

Looks pretty good, all you need is more content.

A solid colored background (green or blue seem to work well) would help to see all the fine details of the fly, and make you focus on just the fly and not the background.

To build content, my original goal with my blog was to post at least one post every week for a year. I know when I follow a blog I don't follow it long if it's not updated often...

Become a member of Facebook and Google+ fly fishing/tying groups, and when you submit your new post, share it with the community. I've had so many people message me and thank me for my step by step articles for some not-so-popular fly patterns that couldn't be found elsewhere. I've also made many new friends, and I've had some of my blog posts re-posted on other blogs. All of which really boosts your page views. I've had a few days with over 200 page views, mostly from a particular Google+ fly fishing community.

Make sure you are using good tags so people can find your stuff easily with a Google search. Quite a few of my articles are the first search result listed on Google. If someone searches for a "split wingcase BWO" for instance, my article is the first SBS listed. This is quite valuable since Google is my main source of page views on any day that I haven't posted something new (30 or so already as of this morning).

I hope you have a good time writing your new blog!

Dave

ok perfect thank you so much! im building a light box right now to go along with my new camera. those were some of my older pictures i had taken that were on my computer to get started with. thank you so much for the advice. that was exactly what i was looking for.

looks ok to me but i'll reserve judgement until more content is added

its your blog so feel free to have it look the way you want it to look

ok perfect thank you. ive been constantly adding more since i started it.ive just joined facebook with it and am working on getting it out their through other facebook pages. i changed my original plans from posting five a week and now ive been posting about three patterns per day. i waited until i had about a hundred already loaded on my computer to start so i will keep going with the ones i have plus i plan to tie quite a few more. i will be trying out some new patterns on here as well as well as my nextgoal is to post some sbs pictures and if i get my video camera working soon a few videos rather than just pictures and the "recipes"