Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RedneckArt

how yinz guyz doin?

Hey there My name is Trey. I am from North pittsburgh PA near Zelienople. been tying for a couple months and fly fishing for a couple years. started fly fishing in erie for steelhead and last year i got into streamer fishing at lake arthur. this year i will be fishing for trout, pike, bass, pan fish, steelhead, carp, and anything else in my native land of the burgh. I tie flies that i can use to catch all these fish and would like to become eclectic in my tying so i dont have to buy a single fly EVER AGAIN!!!! cant wait to get comments and comment on posts.

post-52455-0-41180700-1394725801_thumb.jpg

post-52455-0-27615200-1394725810_thumb.jpg

post-52455-0-01254900-1394725843_thumb.jpg

I think you've made an excellent start. That first streamer probably needs to be trimmed on the trailing end. It's so thick, I think you're best option would be to trim and angle from about mid point of the back to the tail. Most critters taper to the tail, yours doesn't. Love the colors on it though.

The nymph and the classic ... I don't have a problem with. I don't tie classics so I can't say anything about that, but I do like the sparseness of the wing. The nymph, nothing to say, it looks good.

If you're looking to tie a little of everything, don't forget to go with foam hoppers and poppers for the bass and bream.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Eastern Fly if your gonna fish lake arthur the best fishing is either large mouth top water thru the lilly pads or if you can find them the hybrid stripers.

Either one would be great. One thing I want to try to do this year is hit one of the rivers for flat head. I'm not sure what one to try. Every time I hit 70 to Washington I go over the Mon and Yough. Cant help to think about it.

Kevin

Yeah Flat Heads are something i have really doven into as well. i was thinking about taking my 7 weight to pymatuming for some fun with carp. =P