Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

Cosmos ... the remake

OK....NOW I will chime in!!!

I am probably the MOST avid scientific mind in my OWN world....( LOL just ask my wife)...but I actually crave for science on TV!!!!

I OWN the original Cosmos series and recognize Carl Sagan as a true hero in the scientific world. (Please don't debate the politics on it as I don't care to).

Neil Degrasse Tyson is a really good spokesman for science. Whether or not you agree with the way the NEW Cosmos series is going, He is bringing science to the forefront and IT SHOULD BE IMO!

It was painful for me to see some of the things presented in the series as in my opinion (IMO), there aren't enough thoughts about just how our planet works.

Anything, ANYTHING, that get's kids to embrace the scientific method and question certain "respected" opinions is WAY OK in MY book!

Science, in my honest opinion, evaluates ALL the facts (and by the way OPINIONS).....it creates debate and thinking outside of the paradigms that exist.

Just my 2.5 cents....

Mike :)