Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Woodinfliezz

Back...

We have been busy with moving and buying a house, and all sorts of other exciting things. Anyway :) following are some pictures of what i have been up to.

Loving this Florida life and only been down here for the last month or so. cant wait to get the kayak back so i can hit some flats with the fly stick.

post-41832-0-63699600-1402662821_thumb.jpg

post-41832-0-19619000-1402662826_thumb.jpg

post-41832-0-80518100-1402662830_thumb.jpg

post-41832-0-56680000-1402662836_thumb.jpg

Too bad you ended up on the salt water side of the State. There's so much freshwater, and so many freshwater fishing opportunities.

Oh well, you'll just have to put up with the salt and whale crap and stuff. Better luck on the next move.

Oh, and welcome back.

lol Mikechell im not sure if that is sarcasm im sensing or envy.... but yea i have thought about heading up to the east river and seeing how i can fair with the large mouths and gills some time when i get tired of chasing reds and trout.

If it comes from Mike, you can be sure it's a little bit of both. But truly, most Floridians consider the panhandle as "South Alabama". Only freshwater up there comes from Ala and Ga. Mike's right... Fla has a chain of lakes (around 8000 total) mostly running down the central ridge, and of course the St. Johns River is one long lake. I live half time in the Tampa Bay area, and the shops there don't even bother selling freshwater gear/lures etc. I think about 90 per cent of the folks fish in salt water, mostly from kayaks. (I call them shark bait). Some of them purposely try to hook sharks longer than their kayaks, just for the thrill of the ride. People who are members of the local kayak fishing club tell me that freshwater is for bathing.

LOL No envy this time.

I just can't "like" saltwater. I don't like the taste, the feel of it on my skin, what it does to my equipment ... anything.

If I ever win the lottery, I'll get some saltwater gear and go for some of those saltwater species ... but for now, I am having too much fun in my "bathing" water.

Surely you didn't catch that big king from a pier!!!! If you did, show me to the pier. I hope you smoked it... smoked mackerel is awesome.