Fly Tying
ryveradair

hobbies

Welcome to the site, Gary.

You'll find all the help you need here. If you browse through the previous posts, you'll find plenty of information on starting out with tying. Which vises are best, where to get materials and tons of tutorial technique videos.

Sound advise, I'll start taking notes from the tutorials also I'm planning to go to any local fly tying shows. Mike, I'm not getting that thrill when I get a hit like I did when I was a kid. I'm planning to learn tying and catch trout with flies that I've made. This must give a person a sense of accomplishment. Heck It's tricky catching fish on live bait. Gary

One thing I love about fly fishing. I fish relatively small flies all the time. Rarely will I tie on a large fly.

With the small flies, you never know what will hit it next. Might be a 6 inch Bluegill, or a 6 pound bass.

I get a rush from every hook set I make on a fly.

Dual sport motorcycles, adventure riding, competitive shooting, reloading, guitars, camping, fishing, landscaping, my lovely bride.

No wonder I am broke and don't accomplish anything?