Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steelhead Tom

Hello from Steelhead Tom

I'm from ne Ohio and love catching monster Steelhead trout up here on the flies I tie. While tieing I noticed a couple problems with the vice I have and then solved them with a new product I am looking for reviews on. Here it is explained, please let me know what you think.

We all know the two problems with clamp on the edge of a table style vices are trimming debris falling on your legs and floor along with the need to reach over under or around the vice to get tools and materials.
My patent pending table extension solves both these problems. It not only catches the debris but also creates a space to rest tools and materials, eliminating the need to reach for them.
Installation: Place the extension on the edge of the table then place the table clamp of the vice over it and tighten as normally done.
Advantages over trim bags: 1) No need to take vice apart to install. 2) Does not encroach upon legroom. 3) Creates convenient tool and material rest. 4) Easily wipe debris into trash rather than shaking out a bag.

I have attached 2 pics of the product below, however the final product is clear so even small amounts of any color materials are easily distinguishable.

So please let me know what you think, including how much you would expect to pay for this product which is ready for sale.

Thank you

Steelhead Tom

post-54968-0-19054900-1421947228_thumb.jpg

post-54968-0-59926000-1421947274_thumb.jpg

Not clear to me why one would not just get a pedestal base to solve the problem.

My patent pending table extension solves both these problems.

First, welcome to the site. It's good to see people trying to upgrade fly tying equipment. You posted this on another forum, and I gave my opinion there, but I am curious about the patent app.

You paid for a patent application? I was under the impression a patent app cost several thousand dollars.

Wow.