Fly Tying
eastern fly

Classic Style Streamer Swap

Thunder Creek Streamers are a series of streamers designed by Keith Fulsher.

Thanks Old Hat. I had tied those before but never knew the name of them. I'm glad I asked.

That type of fly is not what I'm looking for. I know they are part of the classic's but not this.

Kevin

Gotcha Kevin, Im ordering hook today just for this. I got a pretty cool idea with the turkey i hit this past week.

post-54906-0-77632300-1429131586_thumb.jpg

I made this last night at two am.: Called a "Stars and Stripes" basically a deer hair wing. I haven't tie streamers like this so i figured i'd better find a pattern. Is this "classical enough"

I had to do some searching through my materials and came to the conclusion that I "Need" to order some things to complete my flys lol. So looks like I will be patiently waiting for my new supply to come in before I can get serious in my trial runs.

Is there a certian hook size that you would suggest because I am up in the air. Either 7x long size 2 or 6x long size 4. What would be the better hook size?

Still waiting for a couple materials to show up. But, I have been practicing on some other patterns. Here is a couple I've worked on. These are not what I'm sending in but thought I would share. Really enjoying this swap.

The Warden's Worry

Warden%27s%2BWorry.jpg

And the Shushan Postmaster without the jungle cock eye. I didn't have any so just left it out.

Shushan%2BPostmaster.jpg

If those are NOT what you're sending in I'm anxious to see what you do send. Looking great.