Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jd1983

Straight from the Fish's Mouth - A swap experiment

I'm currently out of town for the week, so I won't know until after the first of the year. If carpflyguy hasn't received his flies at that point, I'll go ahead and fish the one's he sent me and then send mine out.

Went out yesterday to try and get the ball rolling again but got skunked. The creek close to home just doesn't look like it is holding much. I'll be trying again later this week or over the weekend.

Michael - Bad news, I haven't seen your flies yet. Hoping they show soon.

I haven't received anything. Not sure exactly who sent to me, but seems like the mail craze of last month screwed a lot of packages up...

Man, I am stinking it up trying to catch fish right now. I might try a change of location to see if that helps but I just haven't been able to catch anything on any fly lately.

I'd like to apologize for how this thing went down. Lots of lessons if I want to do this again and it's a little embarrassing to be the one that held everything up for so long. That said, I finally completed my end of the challenge! Caught this stocker rainbow on what looks to be a variation of the squirmy worm from carpflyguy. I'll be sending my flies to michaelray and, hopefully, he will do a little better than I did. As soon as he posts his photo, I will send out the swap sets for everyone.

Again, thanks for being a part of something different and being patient as this progressed.

FullSizeRender.jpg?gl=US

Rick, they went out a while ago. Haven't heard from anyone so I figured they made it to their destination.