Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Need a 4 month fill-in for Monthly Swap

That ugly word "health" has given an opening in the Monthly Fly Swap for rest of year. This month is Streamer month and a couple have expressed interest in past. Now's your chance to get your foot in the door for this year and next year's first option also.

Nick

Tony, I sent a couple of PMs to guys asking about the swap some time back but got no response. You're in. Appreciate having the quality you add to a swap also. This month is any streamer with no restrictions except your own.

The rest of the year is...

September...Streamer pattern...feather or fur or both as you see fit...I call a Muddler a streamer even if I can't tie them

October...Let's have something orange in this pattern. Otherwise wide open to type and species sought

Nov...Animal fur...Deer...Elk...Squirrel...Rabbit...Let's see where our imagination takes us

Dec...Your favorite fly for your favorite species

Sorry dj3 but we just filled it. Hang in there. More swaps are ahead. Hopefully no one else has to drop out of Monthly but if they do you're in line for the spot.

Nick

I didn't have to work today so the streamers are on their way. I tied 2 for everyone. The first one has a wine colored floss body with a gold oval tinsel rib, a couple turns of black ostrich, black over red squirrel wing and a red throat. The second is a streamer version of my Virginia Wulff that is very similar to the Royal version...sort of. GP tail, herl then floss then herl body except the floss is light orange, the wing is white calf tail with a bit of natural fox squirrel tail over it to tone it down a little and finally the throat is pheasant. Brown hen would be just as good but I had some pheasant feathers laying on my desk and I just got a little lazy I guess and didn't want to get up to get the hen.