Fly Tying
SpokaneDude

How to work with McFlylon

Hello everybody... I am trying to tie a Dave's Hopper which uses yellow McFlylon. My problem is that the "yarn" becomes unraveled to the point where its almost unusable and I have to get a new piece. Can anybody give me some guidance as to how to easily use McFlylon? I've tried twisting it, but doesn't seem to hold the twist. Any secrets?

Thanks... SpokaneDude

post-56493-0-41151300-1466811893_thumb.jpg

post-56493-0-21625200-1466811913_thumb.jpg

Ive never used McFlylon, and the only pattern I know that uses it is the ep spawning shrimp.

Maybe you got a bad batch and some of it is unusable?

Honestly, a picture would do wonders in a situation like this.

If you are watching In The Riffle Video then he is just flat wrapping on the last pass. You have to stroke flat the fibers with each half turn to keep it flat as you wind up the shank. I have used that material for many things and I don't see where you should have any problems. If the material that you have has intact fibers then your material is fine.

If you continue to struggle, you can use polypro yarn which also floats and will give you the bulk in the body that you want.

If you are watching In The Riffle Video then he is just flat wrapping on the last pass. You have to stroke flat the fibers with each half turn to keep it flat as you wind up the shank. I have used that material for many things and I don't see where you should have any problems. If the material that you have has intact fibers then your material is fine.

If you continue to struggle, you can use polypro yarn which also floats and will give you the bulk in the body that you want.

Seems about right to me