Fly Tying
flytire

Best Fly Tying Vise for the Money – Reviews 2017

I can't tell you how many 1000's of flies I tied on a Thompson model "B" vise then I upgraded to a DynaKing Professional with every gadget they make for it... I've been tying on that for for 25+ years...it's pure pleasure. I'm sending it back soon though to be cleaned and check out and then selling all of it to finance a Predator vise.

All a vise has to do is hold a hook and not slip..and even it slips you can deal with it. But

let's be realistic at $100 some hook sizes might slip or the maching isn't art work, start spending $300+ and the hook better not slip and the maching should be top notch.

You can buy a KIA or a Lamborghini they will both take you from point "A" to point "B"

Give me Suburban or a Yukon XL, your Kia or aLambo won't get to many of my fishing spots, with my friends, gear or watercraft. But I don't care if others trip with a Kia, zLambo or a freakin Space Shuttle. Hope they love it.

As The Cream recently said: "...Whatever fries your chicken..." I just cannot judge others because I love and happily use a more or less costly thing, if we aren't cheating someone else. You get to decide the Value of any object you buy, so buy what You value and do not look back...

The only correct answer is there is no correct answer. It's all personal preference.

Agreed! Heck, There isn't even a correct question, but Hans and Bruce get as close as we need. Me, you, and everyone else - We are all correct, just get a vise that does it for you, and spin them patterns up.

Fish don't care about price- points, aesthetics, reputation, market-share, return- on- investment, but they need to eat.

For me- Give me a Law, Ekich, J-Vise, or equivalent tool and I will feel insired by that iron sculptured Art and enjoy my art even more. Good tools are fun. If I had a Picasso or Van Gogh to see while I painted, Art Set Pro in my case, it would amp me up to also seek excellence. But, that is just me. This is ART, just put it out there

I have a regal stainless that I tie on and bought my 4 year old boy the travler.

He would tell you that his vice is the best out there and way better than his Daddy's. Maybe once I get some change saved up Ill pick up the Revolution and call it a day. LOL

I have a regal stainless that I tie on and bought my 4 year old boy the travler.

He would tell you that his vice is the best out there and way better than his Daddy's. Maybe once I get some change saved up Ill pick up the Revolution and call it a day. LOL

Great parenting. Father's Day in years to come will prove it.

If both hands were all thumbs and up, it would start to reflect my Approval. Yikes, just ratted myself out on the thumb counting. :0