Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Whiting Co op pictures.

Hello everyone. I just got my Whiting Co op hackle package in the mail today and I thought I would post what I got and then the second picture is what a package looks like compared to a Whiting 100 pack. Now just for legal purposes I have nothing to do with Whiting or Linesend.

user posted image

user posted image

The package I got was the essentials #1. Pretty cool. I am thinking about the grizzly Co op package to.

The Linesend website is Linesend.

Jim

I did the co-op thing last year and was very happy with the premium dry fly hackle I received headbang.gif

OSD.

what is tis co-op? i'd definitely be interested if its open to the public or whatnot...

steve

Hi everyone, yes the Whiting Co-op is open to who ever wants to participate in it. You don't have to be a member of anything. Here is the link to the Co-op page of Linesend. All you do is select which package you want then go through the checkout part and pay for it then they will send you a email confirmation of your order and when it will be shipped.

Whiting Co-op Page

I hope this helps.

Jim

What sizes will the co-op package that you received tie? I looked at the web site but I didn't see any sizes stated.

Hi Kevin, just from looking at the packages I would say mainly 14's and 16's maybe a few smaller and a few larger but mainly 14's and 16's.

Jim

Hi guys I participated 2004 as well. I did a standard package and a midge I believe.....

Pretty happy witht he stuff, you get a variety of colors to tie a fair amount of flies and the quality seemed great. Basically they break up a bunch of saddles into packs and distribute them... good way to get a good selection of materials for a fair price.

Jeff

I'm hoping to tie up some renegades with them tonight. If I do I will let you all know what I think of them. From just looking at them, they look like they are really nice hackle.

Jim

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I placed an order some time ago, but didn't tie any flys for a while. I ordered another set after tying 10 flys with ONE FEATHER!!!!

Incredible... now I'm hunting for bargins for whole necks!

I'll let you know if I find a good deal!

The best deal I ever got on Whiting Necks was $45.00 for a silver grade neck. It was not marked correctly at Somerset Fly tying show last year. I had to argue with a booth owner for about 15 minutes. He did not want to sell it to me for that price!!! He had a whole bunch of them mis marked. I had 3 necks in my hands, but he did not want to her any of it! We settled on one neck for $45.00. After me he took out the price gun and the price when up to regular $60.00.

Does anyone know what do fly shops pay for these necks anyway dunno.gif ?

on a 60 dollar neck, in my experience (not with whiting), you'd pay about roughly 37-42 bucks depending on amount. Sometimes cheaper if you have a lot of volume, it all depends. I'm not too sure with a company who keeps pricing level across the board such as whiting if the markup would be about the same, but thats my experience with a few smaller companies.

steve

PoPnBug,

Check out the Whiting/Hebert Miner capes in their tiers grade. Right now they are doing a special, rooster cape with a hen neck packaged together for around $20.00. The capes alone are a steal at $20.00, I have a few. I added a link to one of the retailers that I saw doing the sale, but any Whiting dealer should also have them.

http://shop.flyfishing.about.com/classifie...etails/9217.htm