Fly Tying
fishaholic

pics of patterns

Just thought I would post a couple pictures of some the flies I had tied since I first started looking around this very informative and interesting site.I sure hope there is a lot more to come.Apprectiate the info guys keep it coming.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Thank you, believe it or not the body is formed from the thin craft foam available at wal-mart and for the wings all I had available at the time that I could use was an empty bag that some rabbit zonker strips came in.So I cut out two wing patterns and glued them together ran my scissors tip across them.Then I hit with a permanent marker quick and wiped off with paper towel.The body technique is the one that graham posted on his mayfly challenge post.I hope this helps you out,and thanks for looking!! cool.gif

fishaholic,

Very nicely done! I really like the 3rd one down! Keep up the great work, and keep the pics comin'

Nick

Thank You!!!!! Its mostly due to you guys and this site that these were created and I have to say it was fun doing them,hopefully I can tidy them up a little bit.I'm strongly contimplating the realistic realm next.So I guess we'll have to see how that turns out,got to first acquire some new supplies for that then we can get underway.I personally think it is quite cool that we have paul whillock on board with us giving us some great insite on that aspect of fly tying. So lets keep things going the way they are and this will definitely be the hottest site around in my opinion. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

there is no living without fly fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

p.s. the avatar that I finally got to work is my oldest son jake,and that kid loves to fish!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif