Fly Tying
Alex C.

Hex swap

I'm going to have to pull out. A family health problem is going to keep me very busy for the next month or so. This just happened yesterday. Sorry.

QUOTE (Sjo Crapels @ May 9 2005, 04:37 PM)
I've been to the postoffice and they don't have anything like an International Reply thing, so I guess I will have to include some dollars for postage. Anyone have an idea how much $ I should include?
What's the adress, anyway?
Sjo

Sjo,

Where are you?

I can't get an International Reply Coupon that will work either: I am told that they are only for regular letters.... Seems kinda bizarre for something that costs almost $4.00, but that's what they tell me at the post office.

Anyway, I'm in Canada and the return postage (from the USA to me) has been in the $2.00 range.... I've just been throwing $5.00 USD in the package for return postage. I figure the little extra makes up for the pain-in-the-arse factor that the swapmeister has to go through to ship the flies back to me.

I am getting a little discouraged, though, with this whole over-the-border swap thing: It's getting to be quite expensive. (Any swapmeisters in Canada???)

Cheers!

Gary

OSD, I got your flys today headbang.gif

When everyones flys are ready to send just PM me and I'll give you my address. Looks like we're down to 10 plus me, I'll send back the extras

QUOTE (Gary Madore @ May 11 2005, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (Sjo Crapels @ May 9 2005, 04:37 PM)
I've been to the postoffice and they don't have anything like an International Reply thing, so I guess I will have to include some dollars for postage. Anyone have an idea how much $ I should include?
What's the adress, anyway?
Sjo

Sjo,

Where are you?

I can't get an International Reply Coupon that will work either: I am told that they are only for regular letters.... Seems kinda bizarre for something that costs almost $4.00, but that's what they tell me at the post office.

Garry

I'm in Holland, Europe. I think I will include a 5$ note.

Sjo

QUOTE (skunked @ May 11 2005, 08:46 PM)
Looks like we're down to 10 plus me, I'll send back the extras

Keep my extras, bud. Er, unless you don't want 'em! wink.gif

Cheers!

Gary

Skunked -Nymph-...............tied and ready to go

1-OSD- B52-.......................recieved

2-fishinlk - dry fly/dun

3-Trout Traveler- TBD

4-welshtyer-TBD

5-atroutbum2- Nymph-.........dropped out

6-wcoutfitter- TBD-...............dropped out

7-bly65- Fire Tail Meth Hex-...dropped out

8-kid tier- nymph

9-KRC-parachute dun

10-JRG-Inverted Roy Christie inspired Dry

11-Sjo Crapels-CDC Hex

12-SDHflyfisher- foam bodied dry or emerger

13-Gary Madore-X Hex-.........recieved

Gary I recieve your flys today, and although I am not experienced enough to know how well they will work, I do know what a hex nymph looks like and I think that they will work great, nice job. So now we're just waiting on 7 sets of flys. yahoo.gif