Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
grassonfly

Methods to Madness

I have started to notice the obsessive tendencies caused by fly fishing. For example, I coat each knot I tie in hard as Nails and check and recheck my equipment periodically throughout the week. Does anybody else have strange methods to their madness?

I have started to notice the obsessive tendencies caused by fly fishing. For example, I coat each knot I tie in hard as Nails and check and recheck my equipment periodically throughout the week. Does anybody else have strange methods to their madness?

Coating each knot on your flies you're tying ... that's not so odd.

If your putting Hard-As-Nails on, say, your shoe laces after tying ... now you've got a problem.

I am not a "fan" type person. I don't even watch sports, so I have no team to be a "fan" of. I don't collect anything. I don't research histories ... I just don't get fanatical about anything. Fly tying gets me the flies I need to fish with. I guess that's why I actually DO save money by tying my own flies.

If I catch fish one day the next day I wear the same clothes....even if it's all week. (Note: I do wash them after two days though I hate get rid of the mojo). I bring the same outfit with me to NOLA every year to wear while redfishing.....no washing that week because I don't care what the guide thinks! His gloves stink worse than my pants! Just put me on the fish fashion is out the window with me....results are shown below.

post-18342-0-75609700-1422737118_thumb.jpg