Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

PA Steelhead - Let's See Who's Interested

Well let's see who has the guts for a little wintertime Steelheading.

I made a post about this awhile back and I just want to see who is still interested. I'm heading up to PA sometime after Christmas, and I am flexible as to when after Christmas. For anyone interested let's try to nail down a date sometime soon so if anyone has any type of conflicts or days that can't go let's hear it so we can plan accordingly because I would like to see everyone who wants to go be able to go.

I'm probably planning on staying at the lodge that I stayed at a few weeks back because it is a super nice place and only $30 a night. The lodge also has a fairly big fly tying table capable of fitting quite a few people and a wide screen TV with a DVD player so there there is plenty to do at night(if I'm not fishing wink.gif )

SH,

Im in for later January or Feb if the creeks aren't frozen over. Have a duck hunt planed for early January in Va.

Really hard to find open water that time of year to cast a fly in to.

But Im up for a trip anyways.

Hey Smallie,

Put me up as a "possibly" interested. I may be able to pull off a day trip and meet up with you on a river. If I can ever get out of the mode I'm in right now of one unforseen problem after another it should be a go.

Great!!!!

Yea like J.Johnson said it's gonna be tough finding water that isn't frozen over but I have heard in recent years that some of the shop owners and fisherman will regularly go and break up the ice because that is the only way the shops are gonna make any $$$$.

Have icepick will travel biggrin.gif

Will you know i'm interested in going and i guess it just really depends on the date more than anything. Are there many places to stay if the one your gonna stey at is booked by then?

As soon as ya set a date then i'll tryin find out if i'm in. If i am then it will prob. be myself and a buddy.

I tried to talk BDH into it when he called last weekend but the southern boy didnt want to freeze his Mooning-Smilie.gif off wink.gif

SD

Yea I don't blame him since he usually wears a skirt while wading that icy water can get pretty cold biggrin.gif

That place shouldn't be booked up and I was there on a weekend the 1st of Nov and there were plenty of rooms left so I'm thinking there shouldn't be any problem during the middle of winter. There are also quite a few hotels in the area.

SD if you have a date that would be good for you let us know and we will try to plan around everyone's schedule

Work is starting to slow down right now so its really lookin pretty good smile.gif If your talkin about a weekend trip then that should take work out of the question since we arent workin weekends.

It's lookin pretty good for me right now so i think i will be able to work around whatever is good for everyone else. I guess the only "bad" time would be like directly after christmas so i think like anytime after second week of jan would be better? i dont want to be the one to "move or set" the date though just in case i end up not being able to go. blink.gif I'll have to see when my buddy can go,but he usally is ready to fish at the drop of a hat.

Maybe lets toss around a few date and see what works the best for those interested in going.

Sounds like a possibility.

If it's too cold, you guys can always come up our way. Most of our headwaters remain fishable even in coldest weather.

Go ahead and pick a date.

I can make the weekends Jan. 24/25 or 31/Feb 1. or even after if that works.

There are many places to stay in the Erie area.

I can help out making arraignments if needed.

what kinda man are you, J? I was just going to pack a tent.....wuss dry.gif

Guess we do need to do a little research and share some accomodation info with those interested....Will, I nominate you to do this biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

OK Let's shoot for the weekend of Jan 24/25 that sounds just about perfect for me.

Depending on weather conditions I might be up there a day or two before then.

For all of those who say they are intested let's see if that weekend fits into your schedule and we will go from there!

Just for fun I may try to talk the little lady into spending New Years up at Erie, PA wink.gif