Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bbtz21

Tying Storage Containers

http://www.snapware.com/products/smart-store-storage-container-1098605

I found these containers at a local store, but, they are available a lot of places. The link is to a box that is perfect for tons of hackle packages but I have bought various sizes and they work terrific. Also with an online purchase they were 50% off so they were as cheap online as they were in the store. Just an F.Y.I.

I don't work nor am I affiliated with them, but, these are worth checking out.

i use the sterilite brand that can be purchased from walmart cuz i'm cheap! :lol:

the one in the link below is only 97 cents and works just fine for storing materials. bigger sizes store bigger materials

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=442&ProductCategory=179&section=1

Betcha I'm cheaper :lol: Got a dozen and a half at Home Depot for 87 cents each :lol: I think they may have been trying to get rid of old stock...worked for me until my wife discovered them and confiscated them for her use in scrapbooking... :lol:

It is funny but I am looking at the exact same one, the reason, I am pretty cheap myself. I just like the shallow box that allows me to sort a little easier by size of the hackle, etc. I now store my bigger packages, like flank feathers, in the Sterilte box and moved the thinner hackle, CDC, and marabou's to the shallower boxes. I'm notorious for having a messy tying table and the shallow boxes get knocked off the table less often, either because I'm a pig or clumsy. Haha

i use the sterilite brand that can be purchased from walmart cuz i'm cheap! :lol:

the one in the link below is only 97 cents and works just fine for storing materials. bigger sizes store bigger materials

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=442&ProductCategory=179&section=1

Exactly !

DSCN9023.jpg

Inexpensive additional storage.

Normally stacked on top of my book cases (reorganizing today).

DSCN9021.jpg

When I start tying for seasonal flies for spring creeks, summer trout fishing, or salmon and steelhead fishing

I found keeping the commonly used items in these totes really keeps my tying station well organized and CLEAR !!!

To add to the mix, look in the Christmas storage boxes on clearance right now. There is a Snapware ornament storage container that is something like 8x12. They are actually 4 containers that snap together one on top of the other with a single lid. Too small for full hackle patches, but I have sturng hackle in one, marabou in another, packs of dyed mallard in another, zonkers in one, mag zonkers in another, and so on. Keeps everything separate but together in a single container when they are all hooked together.

Deeky

Thanks Deeky, I bought one today with 3 sections. My first thought when I saw it was, "I'll be a bit more organized when I take a few items on a trip to tie at night". I dropped a box once as I was walking into a lodge and ended up chasing small bags of feathers around a windy parking lot. I doubt that'll happen now.

Thanks FishDragon, I was looking for those for bead heads for my home station. They sure have enough to pick from.

I appreciate, guys.