Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Flats Shrimp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sandworm

Sandworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

Sometimes you can tweak a realistic into a fishable Critter. I took my Grass Shrimp and turned it into a 2 " shrimp for fish'N the flats. Lay this fly on the water near a tailing Bonefish. Yes Sir ...you guessed it. ! The only catch is, if you loose one of these you will need a couple of hours of Grief Counciling ! T.

Attached Files

#2 ChrisFlorida

ChrisFlorida

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

That would also be fantastic in the mangroves fro a snook, but as you said when he breaks you off in the roots, I would probably swim after him to retrieve the fly.  I really like the way you did the tail it is outstanding.  Great,

#3 Rjohn7

Rjohn7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

like that.  real purty.  now is there a how to video?

#4 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

That IS a beauty, but I don't even want to know how you tied it.  Any fly that is this complicated, I wouldn't want to fish with.  

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#5 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Nice, Man!