Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hatch

After the Administration was kind enough to open this forum, I remembered a picture of a Grey Drake Hatch but couldn't find it.

Well here it is. The picture really doesn't do it justice, since at times the moon (center of picture) would disappear and the entire boat was covered with them.

user posted image

QUOTE (riverboy @ Mar 10 2004, 02:43 PM)
What a beautiful site!!! I cant wait for summer!!

You said it. I can't wait but fear I won't get the time to fish that I would like to.

That picture resembles what it would look like on the Yellowstone out in Montana during the mayfly hatch.Those darn things would be so thick you could make a mayfly burger just from brushing your sleeve off.

Nice pick there Shoe.Hope i get a chance to fish this years hatch.Makes the fishing exciting.

tt

That was how the brown drake hatch I fished on the ausable looked like last summer. I can not wait for that again.

john

great picture, Ralf.....gets the ol' heart a pumpin' thinking about the hatches this season!!!

I saw a few hex hatches like that last year. We took pics but it didnt do them justice either. Looked like a flyfishermans wet dream. baby.gif