Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McDumDum

Hello

Hello all, Just to introduce myself, My name is Jim I am a member of Atlantic Saltwater Fly rodders. I primarily fish in the salt about 200 days a year average. I sometimes venture into the sweet water when my daughter feels like catching some sunnies. I live on the barnegat Bay and work on Long beach Island. So I get to see Alot of water . My primary targets are Stripers and weakfish, but I am on a quest to catch a croaker on the fly.From what I have seen so far this site is great I cant believe that everyone actualy writes back to posts. other sites that I have been on people look but wont answer back, So thanks for a great site and sorry about my rambeling.

welcome to the site Jim, I'll be lookin forward to your posts about your salt excursions. I have not done too much salty fishin, but once things get settled, hopefully i'll be able to make some trips to several salty locations. Bonefish, stripers, and redfish are on the list of "got tos".

steve

Welcome Jim glad to see some salt guys continue to join,our salt section is still in the "new" stage but its growing day by day and is really starting to take off. Striblue is the leader of the saltwater forum and i'm sure you will find his knowledge of saltwater very helpful with any thing you could want to know.

You are correct the guys on this site will reply back to anything you post,we all enjoy the same thing here(fly fishing/tying) and all of us are more than happy to tryin help out a fellow fisher/tyer.

Glad to have ya aboard!

SD smoke.gif

Welcome McD. I'm envious of the fishery that you are able to get into on a regular basis. I fish Cape May, New Jersey every summer and I've caught weakfish and croakers there. These were all taken on boat rods and even with a stiff rod like those they are fun fish to catch. I can only imagine what they'd be like on a fly rod.

My fly rodding is strictly fresh water for trout lately. I have fished fro bass with a fly rod. I actually started fly fishing for bass and used an ultralight spinning rod for trout. It's only been in the last 10 yrs. that I got inot fly fishing for trout and love it.

Again, welcome, and I hope we get to hear a lot about the fishing opportunities on Barnegat Bay.

Welcome!!!

I will also be looking for your reports and adventures. I have fished salt water when I was a little one but haven't been back in while. I guess the coldwater fishery bug bit me here. I fly fish the sunfish family but that's about it. I do use flies to catch salmon and steelhead, does that count tongue.gif

Once again, welcome

Welcome aboard,

Ask and ye shall be answered, or we'll try LOL. Lot's of good folks here willing to help.

Tight Lines,

Fatman