Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

cheap tool caddy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newfie

newfie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:04 AM

use the insert from a box of bullets toplace tools, quills, what ever else in. the insert has a number of holes used to keep the bullets in place, and is made out of very tough styrofoam

#2 down2earthlv

down2earthlv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:38 PM

styrofoam? all mine are plastic.... I suppose they could work too!
There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

#3 fly time

fly time

I love country boys!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:17 PM

[attachmentid=5288][attachmentid=5289]I make these in all shapes and sizes, and drill the holes to fit peoples tools, I sell them for $10 bucks, pretty cheap, and they look nice sitting on the desk, this one is mine, needs another coat of polyuratheane though.

Attached Files

CAT FAST KITTEN SMOOTHE, OFTEN IMITATED, BUT NEVER DUPLICATED!!!!

#4 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

Nice looking peices, fly time. Cool that each one is different. I use white birch (with the bark on it), about 3" in diameter and 4" long. I drill several 1/4" holes in the end, then spray the whole thing with polysomething. I add felt to the bottom end. Saw candle holders like that at Cabela's once, and thought it would work for a tool holder. Have one for tools and one for bobbins. I try to get a few branches (off the ground) whenever I get up North. Love those words "up North"
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold

#5 fly time

fly time

I love country boys!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

These are Eastern red cedar, actually just leftover scraps from the railing we are putting up around our log home, so I figured I would put em to good use.
CAT FAST KITTEN SMOOTHE, OFTEN IMITATED, BUT NEVER DUPLICATED!!!!

#6 chrisfish

chrisfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

nice idea with the bullet boxes.

Also nice work FT. those are sweet.