Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
quietman41

Just a quick hello from michigan

Just a quick hello from Michigan. I have been fly fishing and tying for over 20 years, with some major breaks in time do do that evil time thief a high demanding job. After retiring from the military last year I have gotten back into thins at a slow pace. I fish the westside of the state, but will go anywhere to wet a line and maybe a whistle.

John

Welcome to the site John..You not alone onthis side of the state an Allegan man myself....Just jump in and share your years with the rest of us and thanks for you service to this great country..

Rick tt

Hello John!

Welcome to the forum from the east side of the state.

BFR

Thanks all,

I have the advantage of living on the eastside (Roseville) and fishing on the westside, the eastside or whereever my truck points me. I spent alot of years in the state traveling when I was going from one college to another acting like I was working,but instead I was searching and fishing. I was considered in my office as a human GPS. I could tell anybody where to go, how to get there, and where the best bar burger or pizza was in the state, but I wouldn't share my fishing spots unless I was with them. Well its time to go to work or at least sit at my desk and act like I care, its friday. Tight lines.

Hey John!

You know what roseville is best known for?................... Being just south of Clinton twp.

And east of Fraser. hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

All kidding aside, they are known for Gratiot Cruising and HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just north of you at 16 & Grat.

BF

QUOTE (bentflyrod @ Jun 3 2005, 08:11 AM)
You know what roseville is best known for?...................

they are known for ... HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Big ones? An abundance of them? Or the restaurant? hysterical.gif

QUOTE (bentflyrod @ Jun 3 2005, 09:11 AM)
Hey John!

You know what roseville is best known for?................... Being just south of Clinton twp.
And east of Fraser. hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

All kidding aside, they are known for Gratiot Cruising and HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just north of you at 16 & Grat.

BF

12 mile and grosbeck and I agree really big ones. roseville is also known for no Gratiot cruise.

John

12 mile and grosbeck and I agree really big ones. roseville is also known for no Gratiot cruise.

No Gratiot cruising!!!!!!!!! eek.gif .......... laugh.gif

I know the area! I spent 8 years working on Calihan! Alot of breaks and lunches at the National coney and alot of evenings at Macomb College!

BFR

You know the deal. South of about 11 mile north of 14 or 15 mile just not in roseville. Where u fishing around here. I worked on my mother's house in Bay City over the weekend took a ride to Rose City checked out the Rifle but didn't have time to wet a line. Im not sure but thinking about taking a run back up this week one night and then hitting the south branch of the pere marquette over the wekend. When is the cruise anyways, end of the mont right

John

Eastpointe cruise is June 18th. Clinton cruise is Aug 6th and the big one, Woodward is Aug 18th!

Got out and tried my luck at Metro beach on Sat. I like to fish the Clinton, Paint , Stoney Creek lake. Where ever I can catch fish! This weekend is the group fishing in Canada on the Grand. I'm looking forward to that!

BFR

let me know how that goes I have always wanted to go there. I first saw a presentation at flymart flyshop about that. It falls to one of those round to its and having someone to go with.

John