Fly Tying
Flyweaver

Protecting tying material

The other day I saw a moth in the house and it reminded me now is the time to protect my tying materials against the little nasties that eat it all up. So, I put everything in zip lock bagsand brought out the moth balls. This is one year I hope I beatthe little nasties

Hi Flyweaver,

Gretchen and I have so much tying material that we take the following precaution in addition to moth balls or pest strips in the actual Rubber Maid containers. We buy pest bombs at ACE Hardware and set a dozen off about every six months. Understand the house is 3000 sq ft in two stories. The garage is also included in the "bug bombing caper." We usually do it on a Friday evening just before leaving for the cabin at the river to give us the weekend to "clear out" the place. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

So far I have been lucky and have escaped disaster. I have had my dog chew up some stuff but now that I have my own room I think I can keep him out. I need to start protecting my stuff if anything ever bad happened I would cry like a baby baby.gif

You better believe if this house ever caught on fire you would see me with boxes of material under each arm(after I made sure the wife/kid were safe of course)