Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fishyman

Guess who's peakin ??

No, I didn't just eat some "shrooms" or lick a toad, but I am going to be peaking soon. A new Peak rotary vise that is, biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

My knock-off Thomson finally gave up this past weekend. I've been fighting with it so much I was actually quite relieved when the cam lock arm stopped locking at all. I've been tying more and more the last few months and with all the help and new patterns I've learned (ie; stolen, lifted, grabbed, plagarized, etc) from here and other sites I can now justify the expense. The fact that I can't really afford it, don't know how to use it, and that my wife doesn't know about it is really secondary to my need for immediate gratification. rolleyes.gif

I read just about every review and thread that I could discussing the pros and cons of my top 3 choices and I finally felt confident enough to go ahead and place the order. I'm sure I'll be satisfied with it but if I'm not, I can always blame the fine folks here. laugh.gif

Uh-ohh ....Wife just got home. Shhhhhhhhhhhh shifty.gif I'll tell ya more about it when it shows up.

Thanks all. Fishyman

Be sure to tell us how you like it when you get to test it out, I have heard nothing but good things about that vise. wink.gif

You'll love the vise. I've had no problems with it and no dislikes about the Peak like I have had with my R.Traveler or Nor_Vise.

Brent

what you guys didn't hear. don't mention vice.

ahhhhhh yea fishyman thats a great idea to buy your wife some vicerillie flowers. i believe they are in season at this time also. i'll have the company send you a sample thru the mail. thumbsup.gif

vicerillie vanity flower company

Bud

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Thanks Bud...Now I know who I can count on for back up in the future. thumbsup.gif

Got home from work today and noticed the front door standing partly ajar. Could it be,.... dare I dream,.... so soon???

Sure enough, it was a package from Traditional Angler in CO. It looked a little small however and was definitely too light when I picked it up. Once I got it open it was just the few tying materials I had ordered at the same time and a note saying that the vise was being shipped directly from the factory with another carrier. ive_been_ripped.gif crying.gif

wallbash.gif shit.gif

Thats not a nice thing to do to a guy..

Fishy.

Speak of the devil... devil.gif

As I finished my above post the phone rang and it was Bob from Traditional Angler telling me that my vise would be delivered tommorow. We spent probably 10-15 minutes just talking about my purchase, what I tie, where I fish, tips for using it, etc. Gotta love customer service like that!

These guys rock!! headbang.gif rockon.gif punk.gif

http://www.traditionalangler.com

Fishydude.

I love my Peak too! It is functional and looks cool and i love how it holds the hooks. Wise choice. wink.gif

Just two words..

LOVIN IT!! headbang.gif

I'm sure i'm not using it to anything near its true potential yet as I have LOTS to learn about tying and rotary tying in particular, but man it sure beats that acursed hunk I was using!!

I'll let ya know more in a few weeks as I become more comfortable with it.

Fishylad.